- Call for Papers for Control 2022
- August 2021 IFAC Newsletter
The August 2021 IFAC Newsletter can be downloaded from the IFAC website. Contents in this issue:
- IFAC Activity Fund Update
- EAAI (Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence) Webinar
- IFAC President’s Column
- IFAC Journal of Systems and Control: Update from the EiC Reports from IFAC Conferences (CTS/FR, INCOM/HU)
- IFAC 2023 Update
- 2020-2023 IFAC Fellows & Major Awards:
- IFAC Council & Related Meetings 2021
- Forthcoming IFAC Events (New name “Conferences”)
- Funding Opportunity: Synthetic Biology and Biological Systems
Over the past year there has been a UKRI wide initiative to explore ways of furthering Engineering Biology research. As a result of this work, the first opportunity in this area for funding is now live. Developing Engineering Biology Breakthrough Ideas will fund adventurous, short term research in the Engineering Biology space, with collaborative projects linking disciplines not traditionally associated with the area welcome.
Details of the scheme, and how to apply can be found here
For more information on the scheme, the contact is email@example.com . To clarify, while the application process is administered through BBSRC, the opportunity is open to researchers in areas within the EPSRC, BBSRC, MRC and NERC remit.
- Control 2022
The 13th UKACC International Conference on Control will be held on 20 – 22 April 2022, at the University of Plymouth.
30/09/21 Deadline for Full Paper (6 pages) & Extended Abstract (2 pages) 15/01/22 Review Results 15/02/22 Final Paper Submission 01/03/22 Early Bird Registration 01/04/22 Final Registration
Special Session Proposals:
Proposals should be submitted on one A4 page to the conference email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. It must include the title, a brief outline, name, and affiliation of the organiser(s).
Exhibition and Sponsorship:
Organisations wishing to exhibit their control-related works/books/articles are invited to contact the organising committee through email to discuss the terms and necessary arrangements.
Benefits of membership:
- International networking via UKACC’s position as the primary gateway into IFAC and the international control community.
- Hosting of UKACC events (e.g. Annual Lecture, Biennial Control Conference, PhD Showcase).
- Opportunity to host IFAC events (workshops, conferences and symposia).
- Nomination of persons for IFAC Technical Committees.
- Active participation in the UK’s control community via the Executive Committee.
- Promotion of member activities through UKACC website and mailing list.
- News of activities of interest to the control community.